|WAVY / WVBT
300 WAVY Street
WAVY.com is Hampton Roads’ #1 TV website, known and respected for breaking news, weather sports, and streaming video. The site serves as the interactive portal for The Hampton Roads Show with live streaming and online chat. WAVY.com is 10 On Your Side, 24/7. WAVY.com is a powerhouse in digital media on multiple platforms: mobile, social media networks, blogging, email and text alerts.
Work for Us
Work for WAVY/WVBT. Click here for current job openings.
WAVY-TV/WVBT-TV Internship program
Internships are available for upcoming college juniors or seniors.
- Letter claims Norfolk candidate offered money to drop out of delegate raceA special prosecutor is looking into claims a Norfolk democratic committee official and others offered money to try to stop someone from run…
- Locally based Operation Blessing sending help to flood victims in PeruThere is only one word to describe the flooding in Peru: Devastating.
- 2 arrested after man cut during robbery in WilliamsburgTwo people are facing charges after police say a victim was cut during a robbery at a Williamsburg hotel Thursday morning.
- Newport News man wanted in New Kent County pursuit, crashVirginia State Police say a Newport News man is wanted in connection to a high speed pursuit and crash.
- Crews rescue person at Norfolk construction siteFire crews were called to the 600 block of Gresham Drive, near Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, at 5:05 p.m.
- Brush fire in Suffolk burns an acre of landFirefighters were called to the 2800 block of Pruden Boulevard near Robs Drive at 12:55 p.m.
- I-264 east in Norfolk back open after crash causes closureOne vehicle overturned in the accident, according to VDOT.
- Three men sentenced for 2015 Norfolk home invasionThree men were sentenced Friday for their convictions connected to a 2015 home invasion in Norfolk.
- Suffolk house fire displaces one residentThe resident got out of the house before firefighters got there. There were no injuries.
- No injuries in overturned tractor-trailer accident in SuffolkSuffolk units responded to a single vehicle accident involving an overturned tractor trailer, Friday afternoon.
- McAuliffe vetoes concealed guns for victims billGov. Terry McAuliffe has vetoed legislation that would allow people protected under a court order to carry a hidden handgun without getting …
- North Carolina’s unemployment rate drops slightlyNorth Carolina’s unemployment rate for February has dropped to 5.1 percent.
- Republicans pull health care overhaul off House floorRepublican leaders have abruptly pulled their troubled health care overhaul bill off the House floor.
- Two Churchland High School students hit by vehicleA spokesperson for Portsmouth Public Schools confirmed the two students were hit in front of the school, while walking home.
- Man dies after falling into water behind his Virginia Beach homeThe Virginia Beach Police Department is investigating a man's possible drowning on Casual Court Friday afternoon.