Officials: Person jumps from Norfolk apartment after kitchen catches fire

Credit: WAVY/Aaron Kurtz

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — One person was injured Thursday afternoon after the kitchen of a Norfok apartment caught fire.

Officials with Norfolk Fire-Rescue said on Twitter crews saw smoke upon arrival to apartment on Early Street.

One person was taken to the hospital. Officials said this person jumped from the second-floor apartment.

There were no other injuries, according to officials. It is not clear what may have caused the fire.

Stay with WAVY.com for the latest developments.