Lightning strike causes house fire in Suffolk

(Suffolk Fire & Rescue)

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – A house fire displaced four people from their Suffolk home Saturday.

Firefighters were called to the 300 block of Festival Court at 5:25 p.m. Crews were on scene six minutes later and found heavy fire in the attic. They were able to knock down the fire and keep it contained to the attic area.

The fire was marked under control at 6:07 p.m.

There were two adults home at the time of the fire, and were able to save the family’s cat. Three adults and a child were displaced and are getting assistance from the Red Cross.

There were no injuries to the occupants or fire personnel.

The cause of the fire was a lightning strike.