RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia’s Republican and Democratic gubernatorial nominees will face off in their first debate Saturday.
The debate, hosted by the Virginia Bar Association, will take place in Hot Springs.
On Wednesday, Northam released which events he will participate in:
- July 22: Virginia Bar Association
- September 19: Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- October: Southwest Virginia Debate hosted by UVA-Wise, the Batten School, and Southwest Virginia Technology Council
- Government & Nonprofits: A Dialogue about Roles, Responsibilities and Perspectives hosted by Northern Virginia Ideas Exchange (NoVIE)
- Virginia Association of Counties Meeting
- NAACP Joint Appearance
- Voices for Virginia’s Children
- Loudoun Times-Mirror Town Hall Forum
- Multicultural Chamber Alliance
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation and James River Association Forum
Libertarian nominee Cliff Hyra is not scheduled to participate in Saturday’s debate. This week, his team sent a letter to the Virginia Bar Association asking to be included.
“Our campaign is confident that Cliff Hyra, a Mechanicsville-based patent law attorney and dues-paying member of the Virginia Bar Association, is worthy of inclusion in this and any gubernatorial debate in 2017, and that his presence will elevate the quality and tenor of the exchange between the candidates,” campaign director John Vaught LaBeaume wrote.
For more details or to suggest a question for Saturday’s debate, click here.