Lightning believed to have sparked Portsmouth house fire

Erin Kelly/WAVY Photo

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Lightning may have caused a house fire in Portsmouth that displaced four people Friday.

Firefighters were called to the 3900 block of High street at 8:30 p.m.

It’s not clear if the residents were home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.

The fire is still under investigation, but investigators believe a lightning strike sparked the blaze in the attic.

This is a developing story. Stay with WAVY.com for updates.