SURRY, Va. (WAVY) – Deputies arrested a suspect after he led them on a chase, early Sunday morning.
According to the Surry County Sheriff’s Office, deputies attempted to stop a vehicle in the 600 block of Colonial Trail for speeding. The driver of the vehicle refused to stop.
The vehicle turned left on route 31 and continued south at a high rate of speed. The vehicle then turned on New Design Road traveling towards Surry County High School. After passing the school the vehicle turned right on Loafers Oak Road where the vehicle crashed.
The driver of the vehicle, Tavarris Williams, was wanted out of Georgia. He is facing the following charges:
- Possession of a control substance schedule I or II drug
- Possession of a firearm while in possession of a control substance schedule I or II drug
- Possession of a firearm while a convicted felon
- Possession of a stolen firearm
- Felony eluding a law enforcement officer
- Possession of marijuana
- Drive while suspended or revoked
- Reckless driving
- Contribute to the delinquency of a minor
Williams is currently being held at the Riverside Regional Jail on no bond.