Firefighter hurt battling Virginia Beach garage fire

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 300 block of 53rd Street, Sunday evening.

According to the Virginia Beach Fire Department, the emergency call came in around 7 p.m. Units arrived on the scene and saw smoke coming from the garage and found the fire inside the garage.

The fire was ruled out at 7:37 p.m.

One firefighter suffered a minor injury at the scene. The house was under renovation and was vacant.

The VBFD says the fire was caused accidentally.

Stay on WAVY.com for developments in this story.