1 displaced in apartment fire in Bowers Hill section of Chesapeake

Credit: Chesapeake Fire Department

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — One person was displaced in a fire Friday morning that officials say was sparked from a burner on a stove.

The fire was at an apartment fire in the Bowers Hill section of the city.

Dispatchers received a call for the fire around 5:45 a.m. Crews arrived on Sail Court five minutes later to five smoke showing from a two-story apartment.

The fire was brought under control around 6 a.m.

Officials say the fire appeared to have been started after a burner on a stove was inadvertently turned on and ignited nearby combustibles.

No one as hurt, and officials say the Red Cross is helping the displaced resident.

This was one of two early morning fires crews from the Chesapeake Fire Department battled.

Stay with WAVY.com for updates to this story.