2 displaced in Chesapeake house fire

Credit: Chesapeake Fire Department

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Two people were displaced Friday morning in a house fire on Galberry Road.

Fire department officials tweeted Friday that the fire was called in just before 5:45 a.m.

Units arrived on scene a few minutes later, and had the fire under control before 6 a.m., officials said in the tweet.

Smoke was showing from the home when crews arrived.

Officials said the fire damaged one bedroom and caused smoke damage throughout the house. No one was hurt.

An electrical malfunction appears to have started the fire, officials said.

Credit: Chesapeake Fire Department

The people displaced in the fire have made lodging arrangements.

This was one of two early morning fires crews from the Chesapeake Fire Department battled.

Stay with WAVY.com for the latest updates.