Dogs rescued from Portsmouth house fire

(Photo courtesy of Cal Wade/WAVY)

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Emergency crews responded to a house fire in the 200 block of Derby Road Thursday afternoon.

Dispatch says the emergency call came in at 12:23 p.m. Firefighters responded to the scene and saw the fire coming through the roof.

According to fire officials, the fire was out in about 25 minutes.

No one was injured but two dogs were rescued. The dogs needed resuscitation but are now fine.

The residents of the home will be displaced due to the damage.

The fire was caused by a failure in the natural gas-fired boiler.

Stay on WAVY.com for developments in this story.