Accidental fire displaces 4 from Norfolk home

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Four people were displaced from their Norfolk home Thursday by a cooking fire.

Crews were called to 5527 Brookville Road around 2:00 p.m. The first units got on scene at 2:08 p.m. and found smoke coming from the outside of the two-story, single family home. Firefighters found the fire in the kitchen. It was marked under control at 2:20 p.m.

All of the people inside the home got out before firefighters arrived. Crews rescued a dog.

The fire caused moderate fire and smoke damage.

The cause of the fire was accidental, fire officials say.