3 displaced after kitchen fire in Chesapeake

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Fire damaged a home in Chesapeake Friday afternoon, displacing a family of three.

According to fire officials, units were called to the fire in the 1700 block of Pattie Lane at 12:39 p.m. When units arrived six minutes later, they found a small kitchen fire inside of the one-story, single-family home. The fire was brought under control at 12:54 p.m.

Fire damage was contained to the kitchen, but there was smoke damage throughout the rest of the home. Investigators say it appears unattended cooking started the fire.

There were no injuries.