Dryer fire displaces family of four in Suffolk

November 23, 2016. Photo courtesy: City of Suffolk
November 23, 2016. Photo courtesy: City of Suffolk

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Two adults and two children are getting help from the Red Cross after a fire heavily damaged their home Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called to the house fire in the 5100 block of Carolina Road at 10:40 a.m. The first units arrived at the rural residence at 10:54 a.m. to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the back of the home.

It took about a half hour to get the fire under control. Investigators have determined a clothes dryer sparked the fire.