Fire on Alexander Street in Norfolk displaces family

Bill Cole/WAVY
Bill Cole/WAVY

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – A family has been displaced after a residential fire in the 6300 block of Alexander Street Saturday afternoon.

Fire officials say units arrived on scene and found a fire showing from the front bedroom of the residence at 11:49 a.m. The fire was contained to the bedroom of the origin and was marked under control at noon.

One occupant was at home at the time of the fire and did not have any injuries.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an accidental electrical issue.

The residents were displaced due to the smoke damage and made arrangements to stay with family.