Fire guts Virginia Beach home

tyson-rd

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – No one was hurt in a house fire that started early Sunday morning on Tyson Road, near the Pembroke section of the city.

Emergency dispatchers say they got the call around 5:30 a.m. The fire was extinguished by 5:44 a.m The resident was not home at the time of the fire. Two cats did not get out of the home in time and perished in the fire, according to Art Kohn a spokesperson for Virginia Beach Fire Department.

The fire is believed to be accidental and caused by an electrical issue, according to Virginia Beach Fire Department.

10 On Your Side’s photojournalist on the scene reports the inside of the home appears to be destroyed. The resident will be displaced from the home as a result of the heavy smoke and fire damage.

 

Tyson Rd house fire Tyson Rd house fire