JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Nine people were displaced by a trailer fire in James City County Friday.
Fire officials say crews were called to Blow Flats Road around 3:30 p.m. for a reported fire. The fire did not spread anywhere else.
The fire was apparently caused by unattended cooking.
A 19-year-old male saw a pot on fire and threw it out the back door. In the process, he suffered first-degree burns to his hands. He didn’t go to hospital. Fire officials said he wanted to self-treat the injury.
The kitchen suffered $1,500 in smoke damage.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced.