Floor sander sparks minor fire at Norfolk home

Photos courtesy WAVY viewer
Photos courtesy WAVY viewer

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A floor sander sparked a minor fire at a home in the 9300 block of Capeview Avenue Tuesday night.

Dispatchers said they received a call about the fire at 7:56 p.m.

Fire officials say the homeowners were resurfacing floors with a sander when the machine caught fire. It left a scorch mark on the floor, but the fire didn’t spread to anywhere else in the home.

No injuries were reported.

Stay with 10 On Your Side for updates.