No one injured in Chesapeake house fire

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Firefighters point to an issue with an electrical panel as the cause of a house fire in Chesapeake that displaced six people.

Chespeake firefighters responded to the 1500 block of Elm Avenue in the Indian River section of the city just after 7:20 a.m. Sunday.

WAVY/Bill Cole

Crews found heavy smoke coming from the one-story home.

They contained the fire to the garage and kitchen, and got it under control within about half an hour.

No one was hurt. The Red Cross is helping the people who lived in the home.

10 On Your Side has a crew on the way to the scene.

Comments are closed.