NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A Newport News man pleaded guilty Thursday to charges in connection to five business robberies that happened in Suffolk, Hampton and Newport News in 2015.
48-year-old Sylvester Lipscombe was indicted by a federal grand jury on May 9.
According to court documents, Lipscombe committed multiple robberies from Sept. 29 to Dec. 28, 2015:
- Burger King in Suffolk — Sept. 29, 2015
- Krispy Kreme in Hampton — Oct. 18, 2015
- Hampton Health Mart in Hampton — Dec. 1, 2015
- CheckSmart in Hampton — Dec. 4, 2015
- Metro PCS in Newport News — Dec. 23, 2015
Lipscombe faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison for each robbery. He is set to be sentenced on February 3, 2017.