Electrical fire at Chesapeake home displaces three

Image Credit: Chesapeake Fire Department
Image Credit: Chesapeake Fire Department

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A fire caused by an overloaded electrical strip displaced three adults from a house in Chesapeake Thursday morning.

Fire officials tell WAVY.com crews called around 10:35 a.m. to the fire, which was at a home on Algona Road. The fire was under control at 10:58 a.m.

Responding crews found smoke showing from a single-story home. Officials say the fire was contained to a bedroom in the house.

No injuries were reported, and officials say there was smoke damage throughout the bedroom.

Three adults were displaced from the house.

Comments are closed.