Crews extinguish fire at Suffolk apartment complex

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Crews responded to a fire at the Wilson Pines Apartment complex Wednesday.

Firefighters responded to the 2500 block of East Washington Street at 1:56 p.m.

When crews arrived on scene, they reported seeing smoke coming from an apartment unit. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in the kitchen.

The fire caused about $2,000 worth of damage to the stove, hood vent and cabinets. The apartment above where the fire sparked did not suffer any damage.

No residents were displaced because of the fire and there were no injuries.

The cause of the fire was determined to be cooking-related.

Comments are closed.