DARE COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — Two men were arrested on Wednesday, June 8 after authorities found about 16 grams of cocaine in the restroom of a Dare County business.
After officers received information about people selling cocaine in Dare County, they were able to track down the vehicle and people involved in the Kill Devil Hills area.
Before officers attempted to pull the vehicle over, the driver pulled into a business. Those inside the vehicle got out and went inside. Two of the occupants then came out of the business and tried to leave in the vehicle. Authorities stopped them and they were detained.
Two other people who had not gotten back into the vehicle were taken into custody a short time later.
Officers searched the areas the people had been inside the business and outside and found the cocaine wrapped up in paper in a bathroom trash can.
24-year-old Quaysean Marquis Beasley, of Elizabeth City, was arrested and faces several charges, including:
- two counts of failure to appear for possession with the intent to sell/deliver cocaine,
- two counts of failure to appear for maintain/sell/deliver/produce controlled substance within 1000 feet of a school,
- failure to appear for possession with the intent to sell/deliver marijuana,
- failure to appear for possession of up to a half ounce of marijuana and
- failure to appear driving while license was revoked.
Beasley is being held in lieu of a $741,000 bond.
22-year-old Daquan Tyrie Whidbee, also of Elizabeth City, was charged with felony possession with the intent to sell/deliver cocaine and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Whidbee is being held in lieu of $22,500 bond.