Missing cat rescued during house fire in Newport News

Photo Credit: Newport News Fire Department

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Crews with Newport News Fire Department came to the aid of a homeowner in the Denbigh area, and rescued their cat during a house fire.

Fire officials tweeted pictures of the rescue Friday afternoon.

Units responded to the scene in the 900 block of Etna Drive shortly after 11 a.m., and found a kitchen fire upon arrival. Crews had the fire under control within 11 minutes of getting to the scene.

Officials say the cause of the fire has been ruled as electrical and that it was accidental.

The home has been condemned, however, and two people have been displaced.

No one was hurt during the fire.

Comments are closed.