NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Two people are staying with neighbors after their house caught fire overnight.
The fire happened on South Cape Henry Avenue, off of Azalea Garden Road, around 1:30 Wednesday morning.
Firefighters say the fire started in the kitchen. WAVY crews on the scene captured images of a burned stove sitting on the front lawn.
Crews put the fire out quickly, according to Norfolk Fire-Rescue officials.
The couple living in the house did not want to talk on camera, but told 10 On Your Side they were not hurt.
The two got out of the house safely and spent the night with friends.
Stay with WAVY News 10 for the latest updates as they become available.