NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A total of six people were displaced from two apartments in the 500 block of Randolph Road from an early morning fire Tuesday.
Officials say the first units arriving on scene found the fire showing from the door of a first-floor apartment at 4:58 a.m. This fire was under control within 30 minutes.
The cause of the fire was determined to be from unattended cooking. One firefighter was hurt, and treated on the scene for minor injuries.
Red Cross was called to the scene to help the displaced residents.
Stay with WAVY for updates on air and online.