Portsmouth firefighters put out overnight shed fire

Officials have ruled that the cause of the fire was accidental.

WAVY/LaVoy Harrell

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Portsmouth crews put out a shed fire overnight. Officials have ruled that the cause of the fire was accidental.

Dispatchers received a call about a fire around 3:15 Wednesday morning at a house on Mount Vernon Avenue, in the historic Port Norfolk section of the city.

When crews arrived, they called for a working structure fire. The fire was in a shed at the back of the house.

Fireighters quickly got the fire under control and extinguished the flames. No one was hurt in the fire.

Comments are closed.