Adult and child displaced by Chesapeake house fire

Photo courtesy: Jose Pichardo/ Report It

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A fire sparked at a home in Chesapeake, Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters say the fire started at a two-story duplex in the First block of Exeter Circle just after 2 p.m.

A fire department spokesperson told 10 On Your Side the fire started in a chimney and spread into the wall. The residents, an adult and a child, were not injured, but they will be displaced due to the extent of damage. They’ve made their own lodging arrangements.

 

Comments are closed.