Women taken to hospital after grease fire in Norfolk

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a Norfolk home Tuesday night.

Crews responded to the home in the 3000 block of Peronne Avenue, around 9:46 p.m. When they arrived, they found flames coming from the stove. The fire was brought under control at 10 p.m.

The cause of the fire was determined to be the result of cooking.

Two women were transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with smoke inhalation, according to Fire Chief William Tull.

The occupants of the home were displaced as a result of this fire.

Comments are closed.