RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — The United States Postal Service says that it is ready for the busiest mailing day of the year for holiday packages.
An estimated 7 million customers are expected to visit USPS.com during the day today. The postal service is expecting to deliver 15.5 billion cards, letters and packages this year — and a total of 600 million packages between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve.
That package volume is 10.5 percent higher than last year’s numbers.
The Postal Service is also encouraging shoppers to keep the following shipping deadlines in mind:
- Dec. 11-17 for Priority Mail Express International Service – depending on destination.
- Dec. 19 for Global Express Guaranteed Service.
- Dec. 17 for Priority Mail Express Military Service.
- Dec. 15 for Standard Post.
- Dec. 19 for First-Class Mail.
- Dec. 21 for Priority Mail.
- Dec. 23 for Priority Mail Express.
Customers can also visit usps.com/holiday for more information.