Fire caused by homeless people trying to stay warm

WAVY News 10

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Fire investigators have determined what sparked a fire on Green Street.

According to Deputy Chief Jim Hoffler, the first crews on the scene Sunday evening found a pile of clothes on fire in front of a privately-owned garage attached to an office building. Firefighters worked to prevent the fire from spreading to any of the buildings.

Hoffler said it appears a group of homeless people lit the pile of clothing in an attempt to stay warm.

 

Comments are closed.