Apartment fire on Dunedin Road

(WAVY/Bill Cole)

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Fire crews responded to a residence fire in the 600 block of Dunedin Road, Monday.

The call came in at 5:50 p.m. Firefighters say the fire started in the kitchen of a second-floor unit.

One neighbor told WAVY.com he heard the fire alarms right before everyone started trying to get out.

“I opened the door and saw some of the smoke coming into the apartment and then people started leaving the apartment,” said Hemang Shah. They were knocking on everyone’s doors to leave. Then we found out the lady who was living upstairs from us was cooking. I guess her stove caught fire, I’m not exactly sure.”

The fire was brought under control and there were no reported injuries.

Comments are closed.