BETHESDA, Md. (WAVY) — Ignite has recalled about 130,000 kids “Bueno by Contigo” straw tumblers. The Consumer Product Safety Commission says if a child chews on the drinking straw, small pieces can break off into the child’s mouth, posing a risk of ingestion or aspiration of the small part.
This recall includes eight different styles of plastic drinking tumblers that sold with a lid and a straw. Some of the straws have a plastic mold in the shape of fangs, lips, a mustache or a zipper affixed to the top.
The tumblers were sold at Meijer and Target retail stores nationwide from May 2015 through September 2015 for about $6.
The tumblers are branded “Bueno by Contigo” on the retail packaging and “Bueno” on the lid of the cup. All cups have the number “036201” engraved on the bottom.
The following model numbers and styles are affected in the recall:
- 71591/71844 Clear with fangs straw accessory
- 71592/71842 Clear with nectarine zipper straw accessory
- 71593/71841 Clear with mustache straw accessory
- 71594/71843 Clear with cherry blossom lips straw accessory
- 71596 Yellow with off-white lid
- 71597 Pink with white lid
- 71602 Blue with green lid
- 71603 Orange with blue lid
Model numbers are printed on a label affixed to the bottom of the cup. Straw tumblers with the letter “B” engraved on the underside of the lid beneath the model number are not included in this recall.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately take the recalled tumblers from children and contact Ignite for a full refund toll-free at 888- 434-0415 or online at buenorecall.gocontigo.com to register for a refund.