Two hospitalized, one dead in overnight shooting

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Norfolk Dispatch told WAVY.com that a man was shot and killed in the 3900 block of E. Princess Anne early Saturday morning.

They received a call at 2:14 a.m. for the report of someone with a gunshot wound. Norfolk Police spokesperson Melinda Wray said when police arrived on scene, they located a man who had been shot. He was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, where he died.

While still on scene investigating, police found another gunshot victim a short distance away from the initial scene. He was also transported to the hospital.

A third gunshot victim showed up at the hospital on his own. Both he and the other surviving victim are still in the hospital, according to Wray. One is in critical condition, and the other is expected to survive.

The name of the man who died will be released when his family is notified, Wray said.

Norfolk Police Chief Michael Goldsmith is expected to address this weekend’s violence at a press conference Saturday afternoon.

Look for coverage on Wavy.com and on Wavy News 10 at 6 from 10 On Your Side’s Matt Gregory.

Comments are closed.