NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – The following parking garages will be open for residents to relocate their vehicles during the severe weather forecast for the next several days.
CITY OF NORFOLK
These city garages will open at 7 p.m. Thursday until 8 a.m. Tuesday. Vehicles in reserved resident spaces will be ticketed.
- York Street Garage – 215 W. York Street
- Bank Street Garage – 441 Bank Street
- MacArthur Center South – 500 East City Hall Avenue
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
These garages will be available to Norfolk residents from 5 p.m. Friday through 7 a.m. Monday. For updates, visit www.ODU.edu
- Elkhorn Avenue Parking Garage (Garage A) – located at 43rd Street and Elkhorn Avenue
- 43rd Street Parking Garage (Garage B) – located at 43rd Street and Bluestone Avenue
- 49th Street Stadium Parking Garage (Garage E) – located at 49th Street and Bluestone Avenue
- Starting Friday, October 2nd at 7 a.m. the IMPACT Call Center will open for 24 hours through the weekend.
Residents with non-emergency, city service related questions should call 664-6510.
The Virginia Beach Convention Center parking lot is available for temporary parking, the city announced Friday afternoon. The lot is on high ground and does not flood. In addition, the five parking garages at Town Center are always free and open to the public.
The following parking lots will be open for parking any vehicles, RVs, trailers, boats, etc:
- Kiln Creek Park, 2901 Kiln Creek Parkway
- McReynolds Sports Complex (formerly the York County Sports Complex), 412 Sports Way
Please note that parking in these lots is at the property owner’s own risk. These lots will not be staffed or monitored. Long-term parking in all other county and school parking lots is prohibited as those areas may be used for emergency operations or sheltering needs.