Georgetown Primary evacuated for natural gas leak

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A Chesapeake school was evacuated Monday morning because of a strong gas smell.

The fire department responded to Georgetown Primary on Providence Road just before 8:30 a.m. because of the smell of gas in the boiler room. According to Captain Scott Saunders, they located a small natural gas leak in the boiler room. They secured the leak and ventilated the building.

The children were outside for about twenty minutes before crews determined it was safe for them to return.

Comments are closed.