Vehicle sparks fire inside Hampton warehouse

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters say no one was injured after a vehicle sparked a fire inside a warehouse in Hampton Thursday.

Crews were called out to a business warehouse in the 100 block of E. Street, around 2:30 p.m. When they arrived, a commercial vehicle was on fire and the flames were spreading to nearby storage containers.

The fire was quickly put out. Investigators say a mechanical failure in the vehicle’s engine started the fire.

The vehicle and storage containers were damaged. The business also sustained minor smoke and water damage.

No injuries were reported.

Comments are closed.