Pets rescued from Va. Beach house fire

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters rescued pets from a residential fire in Virginia Beach late Friday night.

Crews were dispatched to the scene in the 2400 block of Salem Road around 11 p.m., according to a Virginia Beach Fire Department Tweet. Firefighters found flames on the exterior of the home, near a garage and were able to quickly bring it under control.

The fire was confirmed out by 11:35 p.m., but crews were expected to stay at the scene for another hour for overhaul, investigation and cleanup, a VBFD Tweet stated.

There were no injuries. Firefighters did remove some pets from the home, and they were being evaluated.

Traffic was expected to be delayed on Salem Road until crews cleared the scene.

Comments are closed.