CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A family of four was displaced from their home Tuesday, after a fire in the South Norfolk area.
Firefighters were called to the fire in the 2700 block of Mark Street at 5:50 p.m., according to Captain Scott Saunders, with the Chesapeake Fire Department. Crews found heavy smoke coming from a two-story home.
The flames were brought under control by 6:04 p.m., Saunders said. The cause is believed to be related to cooking.
No one was injured, but the damage to the house was so bad that the residents can’t live there. The American Red Cross is helping the adult and three children with a place to stay.