NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – An apartment fire on the 1600 block of Melon Street displaced four residents Saturday morning.
Norfolk Fire-Rescue units responded at 7:49 a.m. when smoke was coming from the two-story complex. Firefighters said they located the fire inside the kitchen, which was quickly extinguished and under control at 7:56 p.m.
The apartment sustained smoke damage and was declared uninhabitable. The four occupants, an adult male, female and two children were uninjured.
Firefighters said the smoke alarms were operational.
The Red Cross was contacted to assist the displaced residents.
No other information was released.