VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters in Virginia Beach contained flames at a townhome on Plumstead Drive after they say lightning sparked the fire early Wednesday morning.
Dispatchers tell WAVY.com the call came in at 3:40 a.m. for a residential structure fire in the 4500 block of Plumstead Drive.
When crews arrived there was smoke coming from the roof of the home. The fire was called out at 4:16 a.m.
Firefighters said the occupant was home at the time of the fire and has been displaced. The fire was caused by a lightning strike, said firefighters.
There were no reported injuries.