Deep Creek house fire caused by unattended cooking

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A residential fire in the Deep Creek area left a Chesapeake family without a home Tuesday afternoon.

Captain Scott Saunders, with the Chesapeake Fire Department, said firefighters were called to the 900 block of Guenevere Court around 3:50 p.m. At the scene, crews saw heavy smoke coming from a single-story home.

Firefighters were able to bring the flames under control by just after 4 p.m., and they kept the fire contained to a kitchen. NO one was injured.

Saunders said the cause appeared to be unattended cooking.

While there was fire damage only to the kitchen, Saunders said there was enough smoke damage throughout the home to displace the residents. The American Cred Cross has been called to help the family of four.

Comments are closed.