Overnight fire breaks out at hotel in Suffolk

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Officials had to evacuate the Hilton Garden Inn on Harbour View Boulevard after a fire broke out at the hotel overnight.

Suffolk Fire & Rescue and Suffolk Police responded to the hotel in the 5900 block of Harbour View Boulevard, shortly after 2 a.m. Friday.

When firefighters arrived, the building had already been evacuated and the sprinkler system had extinguished the flames.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen and the guest lobby was filled with smoke. However, there was no structural damage.

There were no injuries and all guests on the first floor were relocated.

Comments are closed.