Battery charger causes Suffolk garage fire

Garage fire on Wellons Street, 2-27-15 (Photo provided by city of Suffolk).

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Fire-rescue crews extinguished a garage fire in downtown Suffolk Friday evening.

Fire investigators believe a battery charger hooked to a motor scooter sparked flames around 5:30 p.m., according to Suffolk city spokeswoman Diana Klink. After a 911 call, firefighters responded to the three-car garage in the 400 block of Wellons Street.

Crews were able to keep the fire from damaging anything outside the garage, and had it under control by 5:47 p.m.

No one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s