Firefighters called to elementary after HVAC system malfunctioned

(Photo credit: Virginia Beach Fire Department)

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach firefighters were called out to Ocean Lakes Elementary School after officials say smoke was smelled in one of the classrooms Wednesday afternoon.

When firefighters arrived at the school, located at 1616 Upton Drive, they evacuated the building and found the rooftop HVAC system had malfunctioned, shortly before 1 a.m.

Firefighters cleared the building and found it safe for everyone to return.

Comments are closed.