Electric malfunction sparks fire at Hampton home

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — An electrical malfunction sparked flames inside a Hampton home Tuesday morning.

Around 9:20 a.m., Hampton firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire in the 1300 block of Thomas Street, according to Lt. Angela Fox with the Hampton Division of Fire and Rescue.

The first crews at the scene saw light smoke coming from the first-floor hallway, as the occupants were evacuating. No one was injured.

Firefighters contained the flames to a guest bedroom on the first floor and extinguished the fire within 10 minutes.

Fire investigators determined the fire was accidental, Fox said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s