PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters extinguished flames at a duplex in Portsmouth early Friday morning.
Emergency dispatchers received reports of the residential fire in the 90 block of Cushing Street, just after 3 a.m. Portsmouth Fire Department Chief Stockton said crews found the fire in a wall and brought it under control in about 20 minutes.
There were no injuries, but a family of seven was displaced from the residence. The American Red Cross is assisting the family of three adults and four children.
Stockton confirmed the fire was ruled accidental in nature.