Chesapeake fire damages garage, vehicle

WAVY/Report It
WAVY/Report It
WAVY/Report It

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A fire in the Deep Creek area damaged a detached garage and a recreational vehicle Wednesday evening.

Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department confirmed firefighters were called to the 2300 block of Wildwood Road around 7 p.m.

Firefighters arrived less than five minutes after the 911 call and found heavy fire coming from the detached garage, with flames extending to a nearby recreational vehicle. Crews were able to protect other nearby structures from fire damage, and at 8:04 p.m. the fire was successfully extinguished.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

Captain Saunders said it appears the fire may have been caused by an unattended wood stove located inside the garage.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s