CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A fire in the Deep Creek area damaged a detached garage and a recreational vehicle Wednesday evening.
Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department confirmed firefighters were called to the 2300 block of Wildwood Road around 7 p.m.
Firefighters arrived less than five minutes after the 911 call and found heavy fire coming from the detached garage, with flames extending to a nearby recreational vehicle. Crews were able to protect other nearby structures from fire damage, and at 8:04 p.m. the fire was successfully extinguished.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.
Captain Saunders said it appears the fire may have been caused by an unattended wood stove located inside the garage.