PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Chef Bob Hirasawa from Farm Fresh is here in our kitchen with some great holiday treats: Pecan, Fig & Havarti Pinwheels, and Baked Brie en Croute with Raspberry White Chocolate.
Locations Across Hampton Roads
Find the one closest to you at FarmFreshSuperMarkets.com
This segment of The Hampton Roads Show is brought to you by Farm Fresh.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15-20 minutesMakes about 12-14 each
Puff Pastry Sheet 1 each
Havarti Cheese Slices 1/8” thick 6 each
Fig Spread ¼ cup
Chopped Pecans ½ cup
Light Brown Sugar ½ cup
Egg Wash (1 egg + 2 Tbsp water, beaten)
Powder Sugar for dusting.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Thaw and slightly roll out Puff Pastry dough to about the size of 9” x 12”.
3. Place slices of Havarti cheese evenly across the puff pastry , leave a 1” boarder
along one of the 12” sides.
4. Spread the fig mixture evenly across the cheese.
5. Sprinkle the Pecan and Brown sugar evenly across the fig spread.
6. Brush the exposed dough boarder with egg wash.
7. From one of the 12” sides, roll the puff pastry tightly.
8. Once rolled keep the seem side down on the bottom against the cutting board.
9. Lightly brush the roll with egg wash.
10. Cut about ¾ “ thick slices across the roll.
11. Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
12. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until puff pastry is lightly browned.
13. Remove from oven allow to cool, then dust with powder sugar.
|Brie Cheese 15 oz.||1 each|
|Phyllo Dough||4 Sheets|
|Fresh Raspberries -divided||1 pkg|
|Raspberry Preserves||6 oz|
|Red Velvet Muffin||4 oz|
|White Chocolate Chips||1 bag|
|Brown Sugar||1 cup|
|Clarified Butter||2 oz|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Tbsp|
|Melba Sauce or Raspberry Sauce*|
|*made from blending Raspberry Preserves and little water.|
|1. Combine pecans, chips, sugar, fresh raspberries, 3oz.raspberry preserves and crumbled muffin.|
|2. Thaw Phyllo dough, then place 2 sheets on table and brush with melted butter, place another2 sheets|
|2 sheets on top and brush with butter, repeat with 2 more sheets. 6 total.|
|3. Take the brie and place in the center of the sheets. Spread 3oz. raspberry preserves across top of brie.|
|4. Take muffin mixture and ball with your hands and place on top of brie.|
|5. Then take one corner of Phyllo and pull up over the brie and mixture and proceed with each end|
|til it is bunched at the middle and flare out.|
|6. Then brush the whole outside of the Phyllo with clarified butter.|
|7. Bake on parchment paper on a sheet pan in a 375°F degree oven for about 12-15 minutes.|
|8. Allow to rest for a few minutes, then dust with powdered suger and drizzle with raspberry syrup.|
|9. Serve with crackers or ginger snaps.|