CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials say a man went to the hospital with burns to his hands after a fire sparked at a mobile home in Chesapeake, Monday morning.
Capt. Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department said crews arrived at Midway Trailer Court Mobile Home Park located at 1561 Campostella Road, shortly after 11 a.m.
Saunders says the man was burned trying to put out the fire himself. The victim’s wife and four children also live at the mobile home, but there was no one else inside the home at the time of the fire.
The fire was brought under control around 11:24 a.m. and there was heat damage to trailer on the left side.
Officials have not released the cause of the fire.
The Red Cross has been contacted to help provide the family lodging.