NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – A kitchen fire on the top floor sparked flames throughout an apartment building in Norfolk Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters fought back the blaze around 2 p.m. Nov. 30 in the 1600 block of East Ocean View Avenue. Initially a second alarm for more equipment was called for but then canceled as crews were able to bring the fire under control in about 30 minutes.
According to Battalion Chief Julian Williamson with the Norfolk Fire Department, the fire started in a kitchen on the third floor of a three-story apartment building. No injuries have been reported.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates as they become available.